For general inquiries, or to request review copies, send us an email:
Submissions Temporarily Closed
Due to Backlog
Sorry for any inconvenience
January 18, 2022
Trainwreck Press publishes poetry (and some prose) that is non-linear, abstract, avant-garde, alternative, innovative, surreal, visual, concrete and/or experimental. Basically, we publish work that approaches language in a unique way, poetry that explores the limits of the ability of language to communicate.
We are a Canadian based publisher, but accept work from anywhere in the known universe, or the unknown universe.
Reads year round. Usually replies within two months.
Trainwreck Press Chapbooks – 5.5 x 8.5 (nom), 28 pages, 24# bond paper, 65# colour cardstock cover, saddle stitched (stapled spine), trimmed edges
1. Our main interest is poetry, but we will consider experimental prose or essays on experimental poetics. We do not publish haiku, formal rhyming verse, or mainstream-linear-narrative poetry.
Reprints: If you have a chapbook previously published by a now-defunct press and to which you own the rights, we will consider re-publishing it. Or, if you have published a number of chapbooks, we will do a Selected Poetry edition of work from all your books.
2. Trainwreck Press publishes both established and new writers. First books are welcome, but the author must have some work published in literary magazines.
3. Rights: In submitting you are affirming that you are the copyright holder of the work. In submitting, you are granting Trainwreck Press the right 1) to publish the work in printed book format, and 2) to feature selected content on the Trainwreck Press website. Copyright remains with the author.
4. Please include a brief bio. (A headshot in jpg format is also encouraged.)
5. How much material to submit:
Trainwreck Press chapbooks typically have 28 pages with a minimum of 24 pages and a maximum of 36 pages, including frontmatter and backmatter.
6. Submit as an email attachment: text in Word .docx or equivalent format; visual poetry in .jpg format. (It’s ok to submit in pdf format, but if the work is accepted, you will be asked to provide Word, jpg or equivalent formats). The author will receive a pdf review copy for approval before publication.
Send to: email@example.com
7. The author will receive:
Chapbooks: 8 free books with the option to purchase more copies at a discounted price.
(If more than 25 copies of any edition are sold, royalties will be paid at 15% of the cover price - excepting author purchased copies)
8. We accept simultaneous submissions.
As an addition to the Submission Guidelines, I have prepared some suggestions on manuscript formatting which you may find helpful. These suggestions apply not only to Trainwreck Press, but to most publishers.